What Are The Best Ways to Generate Web Design Leads?
Generating leads and maintaining a constant lead influx is crucial for every business aiming at growth and success. If you have an online business, you know how important new leads are. Especially in the huge web design industry.
Let’s take a look at some proven ways that you can use to boost those numbers and bring in new clients. Below you will find some of the best ways to generate web design leads and thus accelerate the growth of your business.
Make your website shine
Some people still think that it is possible to build a successful business of this kind without having a website.
But is it really? Think about this for a second. Try to name a successful brand that does not have a website.
No web agency can afford to work without a proper website. This is simply due to the fact that a professional website is a foundation when it comes to capturing web design leads. Following a website redesign plan, can help you in getting an effective website.
To make your website shine, you have to think about every single detail.
- First of all, when you start creating the website, think about good and bad web hosting options. You don’t want your website to crash or go down often.
- Another important thing is to figure out the essentials of buying a domain name. For instance, sometimes your best option is to buy cheap domain, especially if you are a new agency with a tight budget.
- Once you have created your website and got it off the ground, make sure to include a dedicated portfolio section to attract web leads. Present your projects there, let people see the visuals, but also include details regarding performance.
Performance should describe how the client website performs. Also, do not showcase your designs only but try to show the business impact your work produces. This should separate you from the rest of your rivals.
Organic search should be your weapon
Search engine optimization has been growing steadily for the last five years. This is due to one important fact – SEO is probably the best long-term strategy to generate leads.
That is why it needs to be at the top of your lead generation chain. It is important to think of it as an investment you are making. And the benefits you will reap will be longevous and quite impactful. SEO is a long game, but it is definitely worth playing.
Let’s see what you should do to make your SEO game on point.
- Keep testing your on-page SEO. The content you have there should be informative and engaging. Change it every once in awhile to give search engines fresh content to consume.
- Do some research about anchor text (keywords). Do the research and find out what keywords can get you the best results.
- Have a strong link building campaign. Hire a good link builder that can get you quality traffic from authority websites.
- Create a blog and engage with your audience. Even though Google states that there is no direct connection with social signals, you are highly recommended to create a blog. Surely, it has an indirect impact on search rankings.
Finally, when creating content, make it engaging, useful, and fun. Remember that every bit of content you produce (videos or written content pieces) should be unique and original. Do not copy anyone else or plagiarize someone else’s work, as Google penalizes plagiarism heavily.
We have mentioned the goals you need to achieve in the long run. However, if you want quick results, you should definitely look into PPC and paid ads.
PPC refers to pay-per-click ads. This is a concept where you only pay money for a click. This is why the campaign is limited by the amount of money you are willing to spend. You can invest anywhere from as little as $100 to $1,000 and even more.
For new businesses, PPC can be a huge hit or a huge miss. However, if you consult an experienced specialist, PPC can really come in handy.
If you would like to do it yourself, it would be wise to take a Google course and start learning about the ins and outs of PPC. Spend every dollar wisely once the campaign starts.
Other forms of paid ads should work fine too. However, PPC most likely has the best potential for a good ROI.
If you do not have an extensive network of connections, you should work on developing one as soon as possible. When a business owner or a marketer has a good network of connections (especially on business social networks), this can really make a huge difference when it comes to lead generation.
And since you run a web design company, you really need to connect with people from your industry. It would be wise to attend web conferences as much as you can. Use social media networks like LinkedIn or Facebook to connect to people from the industry. Talk to your peers and try to build a long-term connection.
Your web design company can share views and leads with a digital marketing company and you can ask them to do the same. Or you can follow a slightly modified outsourcing company concept.
For instance, this could be the way it works:
- Come up with a project estimate (the cost at which your company can create a website).
- Organize a meeting with a couple of top web design companies.
- Present your proposal.
- Try to convince them how you can reduce their cost and maximize the profits while at it.
This is only a vague representation of the process. However, you should get a hint or two that should help you make something similar that will work for your business.
Take advantage of freelance platforms
There are various freelance websites such as UpWork, Fiverr, or 99designs, that can serve as good lead sources. However, this might be a bit tricky, as these are competitive bidding websites.
If you have any knowledge about how bidding works, you might know how difficult it would be to land a client.
On the other hand, the truth is that many top-level web design companies still acquire quality leads from these websites. It is fair to say that these will not be $50k+ projects, but the price can be negotiated to an extent.
Furthermore, there are platforms like Codeable and Awesome web, but your company really needs to display serious skills to land big-time projects there.
It is fair to say that you will face fierce competition while trying to acquire new leads for your web design business. However, that should not make you feel uncomfortable.
Go through this mini-guide again to better understand all the listed steps. Then start implementing them to get those leads.
Guest Blogging Team
Published on: September 07, 2020
Last updated on: September 14, 2021